Game 54 at Richmond: Notes
- Pitching matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Lucas Giolito (3-2, 3.17) at Richmond: LHP Adalberto Mejia (2-1, 1.87)
- There will be plenty of baseball played in Richmond Saturday as the Senators and Flying Squirrels were suspended in the top of the third inning Friday night. That game will be played to a completion of nine innings, followed by a seven-inning game.
- The game will resume with the Senators holding a 4-1 lead. Neftali Soto already has three RBI in the contest.
- Saturday’s second game matches up two of the hottest pitchers in the Eastern League in Harrisburg’s Giolito and Richmond’s Mejia. Giolito has an ERA of 1.82 in his last five starts (29.2 innings, 25 strikeouts). In Mejia’s last five outings, he has an ERA of 0.74 (36.2 innings, 28 strikeouts).
- Senators reliever Bryan Harper is currently fourth in batting average against among qualified Eastern League relievers. Opponents are hitting .152 in 79 at-bats against Harper.
- Harper is also third in baserunners allowed per nine innings among relievers as only 19 batters have reached in Harper’s 23 innings (7.43 per nine innings).
- Sunday, June 5 at Richmond, 12:05 p.m.
- Harrisburg: RHP Austen Williams (1-6, 5.52) at Richmond: LHP Andrew Suarez (1-2, 5.96)