Game 65 at Trenton: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Lucas Giolito (5-2, 2.64) at Trenton: RHP Chance Adams (0-0, 0.00).
- An RBI double by Neftali Soto in the top of the first inning was all the Senators needed Wednesday in a 1-0 win over Trenton, thanks to a brilliant performance by RHP Tyler Mapes. The 24-year-old pitched a shutout, limiting Trenton to three hits and a walk while striking out four.
- It was the first nine-inning shutout thrown by a Senators since current Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Robbie Ray shut out Erie on July 11, 2011.
- Mapes needed only 98 pitches to complete his masterpiece Wednesday, marking the first Senator to pitch a shutout with less than 100 pitches in the time since pitch counts have been recorded (2011-present).
- The Senators look for a series win with Lucas Giolito on the mound tonight. Through his first five starts this season, Giolito had an ERA of 5.30. He is now fifth in the Eastern League with a 2.64 ERA after allowing seven earned runs in his last 42.2 innings.
- Trenton’s Chance Adams will be making his first Double-A start Thursday. Adams, the No. 20 prospect in the Yankees organization according to MLB.com, posted a 2.65 ERA in 12 starts while striking out 73 batters in 57.2 innings at High-A Tampa.
- With a win tonight, the Senators will have won six of their past nine series, dating back to May 16.
- Friday, June 17 vs. Reading, 7:00 p.m.
- Pitching matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Phillips Valdez (0-1, 7.94) at Reading: RHP Nick Pivetta (6-4, 3.67)