Game 71 at Portland: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Phillips Valdez (0-1, 6.94) vs. Portland: LHP Jalen Beeks (First AA start).
- Phillips Valdez will look to get off to a better start in his third outing with Harrisburg. All nine of his runs allowed with the Senators have come within the first two innings. From the third inning on, Valdez has struck out nine in 7.2 scoreless innings.
- Jalen Beeks will make his Double-A debut for the Sea Dogs Thursday after posting a 3.07 ERA in 13 starts for High-A Salem. Beeks, a 12th round selection in 2014 from the University of Arkansas, leaves the Carolina league with the sixth-best ERA among qualified pitchers. However, Beeks was tied for third in most home runs allowed with nine.
- Isaac Ballou was the star Wednesday night for Harrisburg in a 9-6 win over Portland, driving in a career-high seven runs with a two-run double in the third inning, a grand slam in the fourth and a sacrifice fly in the eighth.
- There have been three six-RBI games in the last 11 seasons by Senators players (Cutter Dykstra, 2015; Jesus Valdez, 2010; Luke Montz, 2008), but none have driven in seven.
- Harrisburg has allowed 16 runs in the first two games of this series. That is the most runs surrendered by the Senators in a two-game span since May 4-5 against Hartford (17 runs).
- Despite those numbers, the Senators bullpen has been outstanding in this series thus far, limiting Portland to two runs in 9.2 innings of combined work.
- Friday, June 24 at New Hampshire, 7:05 p.m.
- Harrisburg: RHP Greg Ross (3-0, 0.00) vs. New Hampshire: RHP Luis Santos (4-1, 3.42)