Game 76 vs. Bowie: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Phillips Valdez (1-1, 5.40) vs. Bowie: David Hess (3-6, 4.64).
- Phillips Valdez will make his fourth start with the Senators tonight. He has progressively gotten better, going five innings and allowing one run in his last start — a win at Portland. Valdez has allowed just one run in 11.2 frames after the second inning in three starts.
- David Hess, who entered the season as the No. 18 prospect in the Orioles organization according to Baseball America, has had a rough June, posting a 9.35 ERA in four starts in the month. Hess has given up 12 runs in 6.1 innings across his last two starts. He is 0-1 in two starts against the Senators this season, having allowed six earned runs in 11 innings.
- The Senators suffered their worst loss since April 17, falling 10-1 to Bowie on Monday night in the first game of the series. Isaac Ballou hit his second homer in six games.
- Harrisburg has a record of just 12-16 in games decided by more than three runs. Meanwhile, the Senators have a record of 29-18 in games decided by three runs or less — the second-best mark in the Eastern League to Reading (34-17).
- In last night’s loss, the Senators committed four errors after making just 18 errors in the first 24 games of June.
- Harrisburg is the only team in the Eastern League to have not played a doubleheader yet this season.
- Wednesday, June 29 vs. Bowie, 12:00 p.m.
- Pitching Matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Greg Ross (3-0, 0.00) vs. Bowie: LHP Jayson Aquino (3-7, 3.56)
- Promotion: Business Persons Special; Wet Nose Wednesday