Game 77 vs. Bowie: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Greg Ross (3-0, 0.00) vs. Bowie: LHP Jayson Aquino (3-7, 3.56).
- Greg Ross, who owns the modern-day Senators record for consecutive scoreless innings, has put up 28 straight zeros through his first four starts with Harrisburg. Opponents are hitting just .158 against Ross, who has allowed just 24 base runners in his 28 innings.
- ICYMI, Ross discussed the reasons for his effectiveness in yesterday’s edition of On Deck.
- Bowie’s Jayson Aquino will make his second start against the Senators this season after going six innings and allowing three runs on May 20 – a game Harrisburg won 4-2. The lefty has pitched well of late, posting a 2.18 ERA in his last five starts (33 innings).
- In the highest scoring game of the season for the Senators, Harrisburg was led by Wilmer Difo’s seven RBI in a 13-10 win over the Bowie Baysox on Tuesday night at FNB Field.
- Difo joined Isaac Ballou as Senators to have hit a grand slam and drive in seven runs in a game this season. Ballou did it last Wednesday at Portland.
- The 13 runs were a season-high for the Senators.
- The Senators join Akron and Reading – the league leaders in homers – as the leaders in the Eastern League in grand slams with four. No other team has more than one.
- However, for Harrisburg, four of their 32 homers have been grand slams as the Senators are tied for 10th in the league in home runs. Meanwhile, just four of Reading’s 97 homers and four of Akron’s 76 homers have emptied loaded bases.
- Thursday, June 30 at Reading, 7:05 p.m.
- Pitching Matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Boone Whiting (First Senators start) vs. Reading: RHP Ricardo Pinto (3-3, 4.32)