Game 78 at Reading: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Boone Whiting (First Senators start) vs. Reading RHP Ricardo Pinto (3-3, 4.32).
- Boone Whiting will make his Senators’ debut tonight, looking to carry over his success from High-A Potomac, where he was 8-2 in 12 starts with a 3.47 ERA. Whiting, a former St. Louis Cardinals’ draft pick, has made eight career starts at the AA level, posting a 2.53 ERA in 42.2 innings. He has much more experience at AAA, where he has a 4.87 ERA in 297.1 innings.
- Whiting will be opposed by a familiar face for the Senators’ lineup – Ricardo Pinto, who is making his third start against Harrisburg this season. Pinto has allowed 10 earned runs in 9.1 innings against the Senators this season, but pitched well against Harrisburg on June 19, allowing two earned runs in seven innings.
- The Eastern League All-Star teams were announced Thursday, with three Senators being named to the Western Division team – INF Neftali Soto, RHP Tyler Mapes and RHP Andrew Robinson. The EL All-Star Game is July 13 in Akron, Ohio.
- The Senators will try to bounce back from an 8-0 loss on Wednesday afternoon against Bowie. The Senators lost two of three against the Baysox.
- Harrisburg’s starter Wednesday, Greg Ross, saw his scoreless innings streak come to an end at 30 – the modern-day Senators record – but still allowed just two earned runs in six innings Wednesday.
- Friday, July 1 at Reading, 7:05 p.m.
- Pitching Matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Tyler Mapes (7-5, 3.41) vs. Reading: RHP Tyler Viza (1-1, 5.09).