Game 79 at Reading: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Tyler Mapes (7-5, 3.41) vs. Reading: RHP Tyler Viza (1-1, 5.09).
- Tyler Mapes, who was named to the Eastern League Western Division All-Star team yesterday, has thrown a complete game in two of his last three starts. Due to promotions on the Harrisburg pitching staff, Mapes’ 15 starts are more than the other four Senators’ starters combined (11).
- Tyler Viza is set to make his fifth start for Reading this season, coming off his worst outing with the Fightin’ Phils in which he allowed six runs (five earned) in four innings against Portland. Viza pitches with very good control as he has walked just 11 batters in 72.2 innings this season.
- The Senators led 4-1 entering the bottom of the seventh inning on Thursday before Reading exploded for 12 runs in a span of two innings to beat Harrisburg 13-5.
- Neftali Soto and Stephen Perez both homered for Harrisburg. The homer for Perez was his first since August 8, 2015.
- ICYMI, June had plenty of outstanding Senators plays.
- The Senators have allowed 41 runs in their last four games after allowing 43 runs in the previous 14 games prior.
- Saturday, July 2 at Reading, 6:35 p.m.
- Pitching Matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Michael Brady (1-1, 3.77) vs. Reading: RHP Mark Leiter (3-0, 4.14).