Game 81 at Reading: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Phillips Valdez (2-1, 5.64) vs. RHP Tom Eshelman (1-0, 0.90).
- Phillips Valdez takes on the Fightin’ Phils for the second time in five starts with the Senators. In his first start against Reading on June 17, Valdez was very good outside of a second inning that featured six singles and four runs scored. He allowed just one other hit in six innings of work.
- Thomas Eshelman, who was acquired by the Phillies this past offseason from Houston, is making his third start with Reading since being promoted from High-A Clearwater. He’s allowed just one run in 10 innings thus far with the Fightin’ Phils.
- The Senators dropped their fourth straight game, and third straight to Reading, on Saturday in a 3-0 loss to the Fightin’ Phils.
- The Senators have not lost five straight games this season, and this is just the second time Harrisburg has lost four consecutive games in 2016.
- After today, the Senators will begin a seven-game homestand against a pair of Western Division opponents leading into the All-Star break. Harrisburg has the best divisional record among Western Division teams at 25-15.
- Sunday, July 4 vs. Erie, 7:00 p.m.
- Pitching Matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Greg Ross (3-1, 0.53) vs. Erie: TBD.