Games 82 & 83 vs. Erie: Lineups and Notes
- Game 1 Pitching Matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Greg Ross (3-1, 0.53) vs. Erie: RHP Tommy Collier (7-5, 3.22)
- Game 2 Pitching Matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Andrew Robinson (4-0, 2.29) vs. Erie RHP Cal Drummond (0-1, 8.79).
- This is the first doubleheader played by the Senators this season. Harrisburg is the last team in the Eastern League to play its first doubleheader of the season.
- Despite seeing his scoreless innings streak come to an end at a Senators’ record 30 innings, Greg Ross pitched well his last time out against Bowie, allowing two earned runs in six innings of work. Ross now has an ERA of 0.53 in 34 innings with the Senators with opponents hitting .195 against him.
- In Game 2, Andrew Robinson will make his first start since 2011 after making his last 193 appearances in relief. He has gone at least three innings five times this season, with his longest outing coming on June 12 against Akron (3.1 innings, 70 pitches). Robinson has allowed a run in three straight appearances entering tonight.
- Tommy Collier, who was named to the Eastern League All-Star Game for a second straight season in 2016, is currently ninth in the Eastern League with a 3.22 ERA. He is coming off his best start of the season – eight shutout innings against Akron, in which he allowed just two hits and walked none in a 1-0 Erie victory.
- Erie’s Cal Drummond is making his seventh appearance and third start with the Seawolves. Drummond has not pitched longer than 3.2 innings in any outing with Erie this season, and was touched up for six runs in three innings by Reading in his last start on June 29.
- The Senators enter tonight on a season-long five-game losing streak.
- The Senators begin a seven-game homestand tonight against a pair of Western Division opponents (Erie and Akron) leading into the All-Star break. Harrisburg has the best divisional record among Western Division teams at 25-15.
- The Senators swept Erie in their lone series against the Seawolves May 16-18. Meanwhile, Harrisburg has won its last six meetings against the RubberDucks this season.
- Wednesday, July 6 vs. Erie, 7:00 p.m.
- Probable Pitching Matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Boone Whiting (0-0, 4.26) vs. Erie: LHP Josh Turley (2-6, 5.09).