Game 84 vs. Erie: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Boone Whiting (0-0, 4.26) vs. Erie: LHP Josh Turley (2-6, 5.09)
- Boone Whiting’s first start with Harrisburg was a good one that had a poor finish as he allowed four runs (three earned) to Reading, but his pair of walks and hit allowed in the seventh inning sparked a Fightin’ Phils comeback that led to a 13-5 loss for the Senators.
- Josh Turley is facing the Senators for the first time this season after allowing just two runs in 12.2 innings against Harrisburg in 2015. The left-hander led Erie with 13 wins last season and pitched to a 3.29 ERA, but this year posted a 4.68 ERA in six starts with AAA Toledo before being transferred to Erie. He has been better of late, allowing just two earned runs in his last two starts (13 innings).
- The Senators snapped a five-game losing streak in a big way with a doubleheader sweep of Erie on Tuesday, winning 1-0 and 10-3.
- Isaac Ballou, who was 3-for-3 in the Game 2 win over Erie Tuesday, has quietly begun to heat up for the Senators. Ballou is hitting .309/.376/.432 with four doubles, two homers and 19 RBI in his last 23 games, dating back to June 11.
- The Senators improved to a Western Division-best 27-15 in divisional contests after yesterday’s sweep of Erie.
- The Senators have taken all five meetings with the SeaWolves this season, outscoring Erie 25-8.
- Thursday, July 7 vs. Erie, 7:00 p.m.
- Probable Pitching Matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Tyler Mapes (7-6, 3.49) vs. RHP Artie Lewicki (0-0, 1.80).