Game 86 vs. Akron: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Michael Brady (1-2, 3.72) vs. Akron: RHP Michael Peoples (6-3, 3.69)
- Michael Brady pitched well in his second start in the Senators rotation, limiting the Eastern League’s best offense – Reading – to two runs on three hits in five innings of work. Unfortunately, the Senators offense was a no-show in the game as Harrisburg lost 3-0. Opponents are hitting just .222 against Brady this season.
- Michael People has made two very different starts against the Senators this season as he allowed just one hit and one run in 6.2 innings against the Senators on May 27. However, just 16 days later, Peoples allowed a season-high 10 hits to Harrisburg as the Senators scored five runs in five innings by the right-hander.
- The Senators took three of four from the Erie SeaWolves, defeating the Detroit Tigers AA affiliate 14-3 on Thursday, led by Neftali Soto’s seven RBI on a three-run homer and a grand slam in back-to-back innings.
- Soto now has three games of six RBI or more this season as he drove in six runs on May 10 at Richmond and May 13 vs. Akron.
- The Senators have hit 38 home runs this season – fewest in the Eastern League. Of the 38 home runs, five have been grand slams – tied for most in the Eastern League.
- After losing five of the first six meetings against the RubberDucks this season, the Senators have won six straight against Akron.
- ICYMI, the Senators had a couple roster changes today.
- Saturday, July 9 vs. Akron, 6:00 p.m.
- Probable Pitching Matchup – RHP Phillips Valdez (2-1, 6.65) vs. Akron: LHP Rob Kaminsky (3-5, 4.19)