Game 88 vs. Akron: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Greg Ross (4-1, 0.44) vs. Akron: RHP D.J. Brown (5-3, 3.17)
- For a fifth time in six starts with the Senators this season, Greg Ross pitched seven shutout innings, five days ago in a win over Erie. Ross was credited with a shutout as the seven-inning performance came in the first game of a doubleheader against the Seawolves. He has now allowed just two earned runs in 41 innings with Harrisburg this season (0.44 ERA).
- DJ Brown will be making his fourth appearance against the Senators this season. He has allowed eight runs in 16 innings of work against Harrisburg. Brown enters Sunday having pitched 15 consecutive scoreless innings.
- Akron evened this weekend series at a game apiece by beating the Senators, 6-3, on Saturday night.
- After two more hits last night, Isaac Ballou is now hitting .300/.352/.392 with two home runs and 23 RBI in his last 35 games, dating back to May 31.
- Saturday’s win by Akron snapped a seven-game win streak by Harrisburg over the Akron RubberDucks. The Senators are now 8-6 against Akron this season, outscoring the Ducks, 61-48. Today is the final meeting between the two teams in the 2016 regular season.
- After today’s game, RHP Tyler Mapes, RHP Andrew Robinson and INF Neftali Soto will head for Akron for the Eastern League All-Star Game.
- The Eastern League All-Star break begins. The Senators return to action on Thursday at Altoona.