Game 89 at Altoona: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Boone Whiting (0-1, 6.00) vs. Altoona: RHP Alex McRae (2-4, 10.25)
- Boone Whiting will try to bounce back from a tough second start with the Senators in which he allowed five runs on 10 hits in 5.2 innings to the Erie SeaWolves eight days ago. Whiting has pitched at least five innings in all 14 of his starts this season (12 with Potomac, two with Harrisburg).
- Also looking to bounce back is Altoona’s Alex McRae, who lasted just 1.1 innings in his last start against Akron, allowing six runs on eight hits. McRae has allowed at least six runs in four of his six starts with Altoona this season.
- The Senators open post-All-Star Break play three games behind Altoona for the Eastern League Western Division lead. Tonight is the first of 10 remaining meetings between the Senators and Curve. Harrisburg has won four of six games against Altoona so far in 2016.
- The Senators made a strong impression in last night’s Eastern League All-Star Game as INF Neftali Soto was 2-for-3 with a solo home run. Pitchers Tyler Mapes and Andrew Robinson each pitched a scoreless inning, including Robinson recording three strikeouts. Despite the Senators’ contributions, the Western Division was routed, 10-2, by the Eastern Division team.
- ICYMI, in the Senators’ final game before the All-Star Break, there was a pretty exciting finish.
- Friday, July 15, 5:00 p.m. (doubleheader)
- Probable Pitching Matchups: Game 1 – Harrisburg: Michael Brady (2-2, 2.84) vs. Altoona: RHP Ryan Vogelsong (0-0, 5.40)
- Game 2: Harrisburg: RHP John Simms (5-4, 3.72) vs. Altoona: RHP Clay Holmes (8-4, 4.30)