Games 90 and 91 at Altoona: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchup
- Game 1 – Harrisburg: Michael Brady (2-2, 2.84) vs. Altoona: RHP Ryan Vogelsong (0-0, 5.40)
- Game 2: Harrisburg: RHP John Simms (5-4, 3.72) vs. Altoona: RHP Clay Holmes (8-4, 4.30)
- Michael Brady is coming off a brilliant performance his last time out against Akron in which he allowed just one hit in six scoreless innings. He needed just 68 pitches to complete six innings, walking one and striking out six.
- John Simms last pitched five days ago, earning the win in relief on Sunday against Akron by throwing three scoreless frames. Simms has a 3.57 ERA in 22.2 innings as a starter this season.
- Ryan Vogelsong will make his second rehab start with Altoona as he continues to work back from being hit by a pitch in the face with the Pirates earlier this season. The 38-year-old allowed three runs in five innings against Erie on July 10.
- Clay Holmes, who is making his team-leading 18th start with Altoona this season, has been fantastic of late. He’s allowed just five runs in his last five starts for an ERA of 1.50 in his last 30 innings.
- The Senators dropped the first of five games this weekend against Altoona, 7-3, on Thursday night.
- After three more hits last night, Neftali Soto has a hit in six straight games and in 9-of-11 games in July. In 37 games since the beginning of June, Soto is hitting .329/.374/.517 with 10 doubles, a triple and five home runs.
- Saturday, July 16, at Altoona, 6:00 p.m.
- Harrisburg: RHP Phillips Valdez (2-2, 7.67) vs. Altoona: LHP Cody Dickson (7-3, 3.69)