Game 95 at Erie: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchup: Harrisburg: RHP Mark Blackmar (First start with Harrisburg) vs. Erie: LHP Josh Turley (4-6, 4.29)
- Mark Blackmar is set to make his first start with the Senators after going seven innings and allowing one run in back-to-back starts with High-A Potomac. Blackmar was signed by the Nationals on July 5 after going 6-2 with a 2.72 ERA in 13 starts with the Long Island Ducks of the independent Atlantic League.
- Josh Turley has been on a roll of late, allowing three earned runs in his last four starts (25 innings, 1.08 ERA). This stretch comes after Turley had a 6.30 ERA in his first seven starts with Erie this season. Turley limited Harrisburg to one unearned run in six innings on July 6 in Erie’s lone win over the Senators this season.
- The Senators moved back to a season-high eight games over .500 with a 5-1 win over Erie on Monday night. Tyler Mapes again was the star as he pitched his third complete game of the season – none of which have come in a shortened game (doubleheader, weather, etc.).
- Mapes has now thrown three nine-inning complete games – the most by a Senator since Donnie Bridges in 2000. The modern-day franchise record (since 1987) is seven, set by Rich Saveur (1987), Jim Neidlinger (1987) and Mike Mathile (1992).
- Mapes’ three nine-inning complete games are the most by an Eastern League pitcher since Erie’s Brooks Brown in 2010.
- Along with improving to 7-1 against Erie last night, Harrisburg now has an ERA of 2.25 in 68 innings against the SeaWolves.
- Neftali Soto has a hit in 12-of-15 games in July and is hitting .352 for the month.
- Reynaldo Lopez, who made 14 starts with Harrisburg this season, is making his MLB debut with the Nationals against the Dodgers tonight. Lopez is still second in the Eastern League in strikeouts with 100, despite not having pitched for Harrisburg since June 25.
- Wednesday, July 20 at Erie, 12:05 p.m.
- Harrisburg: RHP Michael Brady (2-3, 3.77) vs. Erie: RHP Artie Lewicki (0-2, 5.02)