Game 98 vs. Richmond: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchup: Harrisburg: RHP Boone Whiting (0-2, 5.63) vs. RHP Sam Coonrod (2-1, 3.90)
- Boone Whiting last pitched eight days ago against Altoona, when he was forced to leave the game in the fifth inning after taking a line drive off his lower right leg. He had allowed six runs (two earned) in four innings of work before coming out of the game. Whiting was activated today from the disabled list to make his fourth start with Harrisburg.
- Sam Coonrod is set to make his sixth start with Richmond. Despite allowing six runs (four earned) in 5.1 innings against Bowie his last time out, Coonrod picked up his second AA win. Prior to his promotion from High-A San Jose, Coonrod was outstanding in the California League, posting a 1.98 ERA in 11 starts (63.2 innings).
- The Senators won their sixth game out of their last seven, beating Richmond 4-2 behind a go-ahead RBI double by Shawn Pleffner in the bottom of the seventh inning. The win keeps Harrisburg tied for first place with the Akron RubberDucks, which defeated Altoona, 7-1, on Thursday night.
- Pleffner has continued his tear from mid-May on, hitting .359/.411/.511 in his last 42 games (131 at-bats).
- Since starting 7-11 at home, the Senators have gone 21-10 at FNB Field since May 20.
- The Senators are just one stolen base shy of Eastern League leader Hartford, which has swiped 102 bags. Harrisburg, however, has been caught 27 less times than the Yard Goats.
- Speaking of the Goats, Harrisburg’s remaining nine games with Hartford were relocated today.
- Saturday, July 23 vs. Richmond, 6:00 p.m.
- Probable Pitching Matchup – Richmond: RHP Tyler Beede (5-5, 3.00) vs. Harrisburg: RHP Tyler Mapes (9-6, 3.24)