Game 99 vs. Richmond: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchup: Richmond: RHP Tyler Beede (5-5, 3.00) vs. Harrisburg: RHP Tyler Mapes (9-6, 3.24)
- Tyler Mapes continued his magical 2016 season with his third nine-inning complete game last time out against Erie. Mapes allowed just one run on four hits while throwing 113 pitches in Harrisburg’s 5-1 win over the SeaWolves. He has yet to face the Flying Squirrels this season.
- Tyler Beede, who was on the Eastern League Western Division All-Star team with Mapes, enters tonight fourth in the league with a 3.00 ERA in 96 innings this season. However, Beede was roughed up his last time out, allowing a season-high six runs on 12 hits in five innings to Bowie. He threw five shutout innings in his only start against the Senators this season.
- The Senators moved into sole possession of first place in the Eastern League Western Division with a 2-1 win over the Richmond Flying Squirrels, coupled with an Akron loss to Altoona. Again it was Shawn Pleffner who came up with the big hit, a go-ahead pinch-hit RBI single in the bottom of the seventh inning.
- For a second consecutive outing, Robert Benincasa earned the save for the Senators. He has not allowed a run in five straight appearances (7.1 innings).
- Also riding a substantial scoreless innings streak is John Simms, who pitched two perfect innings Friday and has not allowed a run in his last 10 innings. He has also earned the win in his last three appearances.
- The Senators have won 22 of their last 32 at FNB Field.
- Sunday, July 24 vs. Richmond, 1:30 p.m.
- Probable Pitching Matchup – Richmond: LHP Andrew Suarez (3-8, 5.14) vs. Harrisburg: RHP Mark Blackmar (1-0, 2.57)