Game 103 vs. New Hampshire: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchup: New Hampshire: LHP Shane Dawson (6-4, 3.58) vs. Harrisburg: RHP Phillips Valdez (3-2, 6.21)
- Phillips Valdez will try to build off his best start as a Senator as he scattered eight hits to allow just two runs in seven innings of work in his last start against Richmond. Valdez did not walk a batter for the first time in eight starts for the Senators after issuing 13 free passes in his two prior starts. He has yet to face the Fisher Cats this season.
- Shane Dawson has gone at least five innings in each of his past six starts and has allowed one run in four of those six outings. Dawson has not had good control of late (15 walks in 21 innings in July), but is 2-0 with a 3.00 ERA for the month.
- The Senators and Fisher Cats split Tuesday’s doubleheader with each team winning a game 1-0. Harrisburg took the nightcap on a walk-off solo home run by Stephen Perez. It was the Senators’ seventh walk-off win this season.
- With a win today, the Senators will have won six consecutive series dating back to July 4.
- Harrisburg’s doubleheader split, paired with Akron’s fifth consecutive loss, has pushed the Senators three games ahead of the RubberDucks for the second playoff spot in the Eastern League Western Division.
- The Senators will be playing Wednesday’s game with just one extra position player (Nick Rickles) as Wilmer Difo was promoted to the Nationals today.
- Thursday, July 28 at Hartford, 5:05 p.m. (game will be played at New Hampshire)
- Probable Pitching Matchup – Hartford: TBA vs. Harrisburg: RHP Jaron Long (3-2, 2.22)