Games 105 & 106 at Hartford: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchups:
- Game 1: Harrisburg: RHP Mark Blackmar (1-1, 4.50) vs. Hartford: LHP Carlos Hernandez (5-7, 5.19)
- Game 2: Harrisburg: RHP Boone Whiting (0-2, 4.71) vs. Hartford: Konner Wade (1-2, 4.69)
- Mark Blackmar will make his third start with the Senators this season. Despite striking out six batters in five innings his last time out, Blackmar took the loss against Richmond after allowing four runs on eight hits. It snapped a streak of three straight seven-inning starts since joining the Nationals’ organization
- Boone Whiting did a nice job in his last start, working around four hits and three walks to allow just one run in five innings against Richmond. Whiting has a 4.71 ERA in four starts (21 innings) with Harrisburg this season.
- Carlos Hernandez was knocked around in his last start, allowing six runs on eight hits to Reading in 4.1 innings. Hernandez has made one start against Harrisburg this season, back on May 2, when he allowed four runs (two earned) on 10 hits in 5.2 innings. He has also thrown a scoreless inning of relief against the Senators on June 8.
- Konner Wade will be making his 28th appearance this season, but just his sixth start for the Yard Goats. He has not had much success as a starter, posting a 6.35 ERA in five starts (17 innings) this season. Wade has allowed a run in four innings against the Senators this season.
- The Senators dropped Thursday’s series opener in 10 innings against Hartford, 3-2. Harrisburg, which was held hitless for the first 7.2 innings, tied the game on an Isaac Ballou two-run triple in the bottom of the eighth inning.
- Harrisburg and Hartford are tied for the most one-run wins (20) in the Eastern League this season. Reading (20-9) has the best winning percentage in one-run games.
- Saturday, July 30 at Hartford, 5:05 p.m.
- Probable Pitching Matchup – Harrisburg: RHP Tyler Mapes (10-6, 3.30) vs. Hartford: RHP Alex Balog (2-0, 6.20)