Game 110 at Binghamton: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchups:
- Senators: RH Phillips Valdez (3-2, 5.64) vs. Binghamton: RH Tyler Herron (2-2, 6.82)
Phillips Valdez takes the ball for the Senators. He’s making his 10th start for the Sens. In his past two starts, he’s 1-0 with a 2.57 ERA in 14 innings allowing four earned runs while striking out six. He’s also induced four double plays in the past two starts. The Sens have won his last three starts.
- Former Senator Tyler Herron opposes Valdez for Binghamton. Herron compiled a 2.89 ERA with nine wins and 11 saves in 81 games over two seasons.
- The Senators and Binghamton Mets split their doubleheader on Tuesday night in Binghamton with the Sens winning game one 4-2 and the B-Mets 3-2 in ten innings in game two. With the split the Senators are 59-50 on the season and move one-half game behind the Altoona Curve.
- Prior to game two last night, the Senators were on a 15-game winning streak when they score first. They’re 17-2 in their past 28 games when leading at all in a game. Overall this year they are 44-15 when scoring first which is fifth best in the league.
- Thursday, August 4 at Binghamton, 6:35 p.m.
- Probable Pitching Matchup – Senators: RH Jaron Long (3-2, 2.13) vs. Binghamton: RH RH Rafael Montero (2-1, 2.19)