Game 116 at Altoona: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchups:
- Senators: RH Erick Fedde (1st AA start) vs. Altoona: RH Tyler Eppler (7-8, 3.81)
- Erick Fedde makes his first double-A start tonight for the Senators. He was the Nationals top pick in the 2014 draft. Fedde entered this season as a top 100 prospect in all of minor league baseball according to both MLB.com and Baseball America. He’s coming off his two best starts as a professional, striking out 19 batters and allowing no earned runs in his final two outings for Potomac.
- Harrisburg clawed their way back to even in the top of the eighth, but Altoona responded with the winning two runs in the bottom half of the inning.
- The Senators are locked in a three-team race for the two spots in the Western Division playoffs. Beginning play today, the Senators are in second place and trail Altoona by 2 1/2 games. However, they lead third place Akron by 4 1/2 games. The Senators and Altoona Curve have five games remaining including tonight. Neither Harrisburg or Altoona have any games remaining with Akron.
- Thursday, August 11 at Altoona, 7:00 p.m.
- Probable Pitching Matchup – Senators: RH Mark Blackmar (3-1, 2.16) vs. Altoona: RH Alex McRae (4-6, 6.31)