Game 118 vs. Binghamton: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchups:
- Senators: RH Michael Brady (3-6, 3.54) vs. Binghamton: RH Ricky Knapp (1-0, 5.25)
- Michael Brady is on the hill for the Senators. He’s making his ninth start for the Senators. As a starter he’s 2-6 with a 3.74 ERA. The Senators have scored just 16 runs in his eight starts, with seven of the 16 coming in one outing. He’s 2-3 with a 2.73 ERA at FNB Field this season. He was a SS/3B at the University of California and was originally selected by the Marlins as an infielder.
- Despite Altoona committing seven errors (six in the first two innings), the Curve still topped the Senators 8-4 on Thursday evening.
- The Senators are locked in a three-team race for the two spots in the Western Division playoffs. Beginning play today, the Senators are in second place and trail Altoona by 2 1/2 games. However, they lead third place Akron by 4 1/2 games. Harrisburg and Altoona have three games remaining against each other but neither team plays Akron. The Senators hold the tiebreaker over Akron by virtue of winning their season series.
- Saturday, August 13 vs. Binghamton, 6:00 p.m.
- Probable Pitching Matchup – Senators: RH Tyler Mapes (10-8, 3.07) vs. Binghamton: RH Rainy Lara (6-9, 4.62)