Game 124 at Richmond: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchups:
- Senators: RH Phillips Valdez (4-3, 5.81) vs. Richmond: LH Matt Gage (7-7, 3.86)
- Phillips Valdez is on the hill for the Senators tonight. He’s struggled in his past two starts going 1.2 innings on 8/9 at Altoona and four innings on 8/14 against Binghamton. He’s made one start this year against Richmond and it was on 7/21 at FNB Field. Valdez went seven innings in that game allowing eight hits and two runs. That start began a streak of three consecutive seven inning starts.
- Mental errors and one glaring lack of effort doomed the Senators in their 8-7 loss to Erie.
- The Senators have won eight of the ten games played between the teams including five of the six games played in Richmond. The Squirrels are 7-10 in August but have just a 2.68 ERA.
- With their loss last night, the Senators and Akron RubberDucks are tied for the Western Division wild card. The Senators hold the advantage over Akron by virtue of winning the season series, however, Akron will only play 141 games this season due to a canceled game.
- Saturday, August 19 at Richmiond, 6:05 p.m.
Probable Pitching Matchup – Senators: RH TBA vs. Richmond: RH Kyle Crick (3-10, 4.99)