Game 125 at Richmond: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchups:
- Senators: RH Whit Mayberry (1st start) vs. Richmond: RH Kyle Crick (3-10, 4.99)
- Whit Mayberry is making the start for the Senators tonight. He was signed by the Nats to a minor league free agent contract on 6/27/2016. Mayberry was originally selected in the 21st round in the 2014 MLB draft by the Detroit Tigers. The 26-year-old pitched in 18 games last year, all out of the bullpen, with Erie. As a starter with Potomac, he was 3-3 with a 3.91 ERA in eight starts. His last start came on 8/11 vs. Lynchburg and he went 6.1 innings and allowed three earned runs. He last pitched in a game on 8/17 at Wilmington, pitching two innings in relief. All of his professional starts have come this season with Potomac. In 2014 with Virginia, he pitched 3.1 scoreless innings in the College World Series Finals against Vanderbilt. As a senior he was named to the All-ACC Academic Baseball Team. His 87 appearances while at Virginia were the sixth most in program history.
- Despite a strong outing by Phillips Valdez, a leadoff walk in the eighth came back to bite him in the 3-2 loss to the Flying Squirrels.
- Harrisburg has dropped five straight, matching their longest losing streak of the season.
- The Senators also fell out of a playoff spot with their loss last night. They have now lost five games in the standings to Akron over the past five days. The Senators had a 5.5 game lead on Akron beginning play on August 9, just 11 days ago.
- Sunday, August 21 at Richmond, 12:05 p.m.
Probable Pitching Matchup – Senators: RH Erick Fedde (1-1, 6.35) vs. Richmond: RH Nestor Molina (1-0, 0.00)