Game 128 vs. Altoona: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchups:
- Senators: RH Tyler Mapes (11-8, 3.13) vs. Altoona: RH Clay Holmes (10-8, 4.08)
- Tyler Mapes makes his 23rd start for the Senators tonight. He is tied with former National farmhand Nick Pivetta (who has since been promoted to AAA) with 11 league-leading wins. Mapes his also in the Eastern League top five for ERA (3.13), WHIP (1.20), innings pitched (138), complete games (3), and fewest baserunners per 9 (11.41).
- Clay Holmes is on the hill for the Curve tonight. The 23-year-old was taken in the ninth round of the 2011 draft by the Pittsburgh Pirates. He was committed to play baseball at Auburn University before signing with the Pirates. In his last ten outings, all starts, he’s 4-4 with a 2.95 ERA. He faced the Senators on July 15 in Altoona and lasted just four innings and allowed five runs in the loss to the Sens. Away from Peoples Natural Gas Field he’s 5-5 and a 4.26 ERA in 13 starts. He was assigned to Altoona to start the season but sent to Extended Spring Training on June 6, but assigned back to Altoona on June 11.
- Altoona slugged three home runs on their way to a 7-1 win over the Senators.
- The Senators enter play 2.5 games behind Akron for the wild card spot in the Western Division. Harrisburg hasn’t won a series or won back-to-back games since July 25-26 against New Hampshire.
- Wednesday, August 24 vs. Altoona, 7:00 p.m.
Probable Pitching Matchup – Senators: RH Michael Brady (3-6, 3.34) vs. Altoona: LH Cody Dickson (10-5, 3.83)