Games 131 & 132 vs. Hartford (at New Hampshire): Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchups:
- Senators: RH Erick Fedde (1-1, 6.06) & RH John Simms (7-5, 3.27) vs. Hartford: LH Carlos Hernandez (6-8, 5.31) & RH Konner Wade (1-3, 4.93)
- Carlos Hernandez is on the hill in game one for Hartford. The 29-year-old is coming off back-to-back starts in which he has allowed 23 hits in 10 innings. He started against the Senators on 7/29 and pitched five innings and allowed three earned runs. Hernandez was originally selected in the 35th round of the 2006 draft by the Oakland A’s. He’s been in the Rockies organization since signing with them originally on 11/26/2013. Konner Wade is making the spot start for Hartford. His last start came on 8/17 against Bowie and he went 4.1 innings allowing just one run. He made a spot start against the Sens on 7/29 and tossed four hitless innings against them. The Rockies 7th round selection in 2013 is 24-years-old. He’s spent all season with the Yard Goats. Since the All-Star Break he’s 1-1 with a 3.92 ERA.
- The Senators enter play today 1 1/2 games behind Akron and four games behind Altoona. The remaining schedules for Akron and Altoona are:
Akron vs. Richmond (3), at Erie (4), vs. Bowie (5) = 12 remaining
Altoona vs. Erie (3), vs. Binghamton (4), at Richmond (4) = 11 remaining
Senators at Hartford (NH) (3), at Bowie (4), vs. Hartford (5) = 12 remaining
Akron and Altoona both will only play 141 games this season due to canceled games earlier this month. The Senators hold the tiebreaker over both teams due to winning the season series against both clubs.
- Kevin Keyes delivered another game-winning RBI as the outfielder doubled home two runs in the 10th inning of their 6-4 victory over the Yard Goats.
- Saturday, August 27 vs. Hartford at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium (Manchester, NH), 1:05 p.m.
Probable Pitching Matchups – Senators: RH Mark Blackmar (3-4, 5.00) vs. Hartford: RH Yency Almonte (2-1, 2.84)