Game 137 at Bowie: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchups:
- Senators: RH Mark Blackmar (3-5, 5.22) vs. Bowie: RH David Hess (5-12, 5.31)
- David Hess is on the mound for the Baysox tonight in their regular season home finale. The 23-year-old was taken in the fifth round of the 2014 draft by the Baltimore Orioles. The Tullahoma, TN native pitched for three seasons at Tennessee Tech University where he was named to the 2012 OVC All-Freshman team. He has spent all season with the Baysox and is 5-12 with a 5.31 ERA in 24 games, 23 starts. At home this year he’s 4-4 with a 4.05 ERA. He’s started three times against the Senators this season and is 0-3 with an 8.22 ERA.
- Erick Fedde whiffed a career-high 12 and Wilmer Difo drove home the winning run on a sacrifice fly in the 10th as the Senators beat the Baysox 5-4.
- The Senators enter play today 1.5 games behind Akron in the wild card race for the playoffs and 3.5 games behind first-place Altoona.
- With a stolen base in the tenth inning, Rafael Bautista set the Harrisburg modern day, single-season record for stolen bases with 53. He eclipsed the previous record of 52 set by Jim Reboulet 30 years ago in the Senators’ inaugural season back on City Island.
- Friday, September 2 vs. Hartford 7:00 p.m.
Probable Pitching Matchups – Senators: TBA vs. Hartford: Yency Almonte (3-1, 2.88)