Game 138 vs. Hartford: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchups:
- Senators: RH Michael Brady (3-6, 3.09) vs. Hartford: Yency Almonte (3-1, 2.88)
- 22-year-old Yency Almonte starts for Hartford today. According to MLB.com he is the 20th ranked prospect in the Colorado Rockies organization. Almonte began the season with Modesto and went 8-9 with a 3.71 ERA before being assigned to Hartford on August 6. This is the first time he’s been in double-A. Originally selected by the Los Angeles Angels in the 17th round of the 2012 draft. He was traded by the Angels to the Chicago White Sox on 2/4/2015. After pitching one season in the White Sox organization, he was traded to the Rockies on 11/24/2015 for RHP Tommy Kahnle. The Miami, FL native has gone at least six innings in all three of his starts for Hartford. He last start was against the Senators last Saturday. He six innings and allowed two runs in earning the win.
- The Senators outslugged the Baysox in their 8-6 win on Thursday night.
- The Senators enter play today 1/2 game behind Akron in the wild card race for the playoffs. The Senators must finish with one more win than the RubberDucks. Akron’s magic number to clinch a playoff spot and eliminate the Senators is five. (That is any combination of Akron wins + Senators losses). The Senators magic number to clinch the wild card spot is six. (That is any combination of Senators wins + Akron losses).
- Prior to the game, Derek Self, Brian Jeroloman, and Khayyan Norfork were re-assigned to Triple-A Syracuse while Brady and Spencer Kieboom were activated off the disabled list.
- Saturday, September 3 vs. Hartford 6:00 p.m. (DH)
Probable Pitching Matchups – Senators: Tyler Mapes and John Simms vs. Hartford: Devin Burke and Konner Wade