Games 139 & 140 vs. Hartford: Lineups and Notes
- Pitching Matchups:
- Senators: RH Tyler Mapes (12-9, 3.16) and RH John Simms (7-5, 3.49) vs. Hartford: RH Devin Burke (0-0, 2.89) and RH Konner Wade (1-3, 5.20)
- Devin Burke starts game one for Hartford. The 25-year-old started 12 games for Asheville this year in the South Atlantic League. With Hartford he’s 0-0 with a 2.89 ERA in four outings. He’s moved around the Rockies organization since being signed by the Rockies on 6/22/2013. The New York, NY native has made 5 appearances in AAA; 10 in AA; 43 in A+; 20 in A, and 13 in rookie ball.
- Konner Wade is making the spot start for Hartford. His last start came last Friday against the Sens as he went 3 innings and allowed seven hits and four runs. He pitched one-third of an inning on 8/30 at Richmond. He made a spot start against the Sens on 7/29 and tossed four hitless innings against them. The Rockies 7th round selection in 2013 is 24-years-old. He’s spent all season with the Yard Goats. Since the All-Star Break he’s 1-1 with a 4.88 ERA.
- In a thrilling 13-inning marathon, Rafael Bautista’s bases-loaded single was the difference in the Senators’ 4-3 victory.
- The outcome of the game gave Matt LeCroy his 214th win as the Senators’ manager making him the all-time winningest manager in the franchise’s 30 seasons since returning in 1987.
- Sunday, September 4 vs. Hartford 1:30 p.m.
Probable Pitching Matchups – Senators: RH Phillips Valdez vs. Yard Goats: RH Zach Jemiola